Thursday, December 21, 2017

Arctic Hounds Are Howlin'

The snow forecast is difficult...as is usually the case; THE COLD IS NOT!  I believe the next 10-15 days may be the coldest of this winter for KMDT!  It's difficult for us to record a low temp below 0 without snow on the ground (or with the AGW crowd, even with!), but I'm thinking the hounds of the Arctic will be trying to do so before the end of this year!  Put another way, I will be watching the ball, pickle, hammer, bologna, drop from the shelter of my home (or some other indoor facility!) as opposed to attending live and freezingly in person.  Please allow me to espouse...

First...the 850 mb anomaly for New Years Eve..."Barney cold"...!


But long prior to that scene, we will see our last 50+F this Saturday for quite a while...the graphic below is Saturday pm...

However, by Christmas morn...here is what the Euro suggests...kinda normal temps...!
With this height anomaly by mid week...
Just bundle up and buckle up!  Here is the Euro snow totes by next weekend...
When the snow falls is still quite an enigma...this is a pattern with potential and a forecaster's nightmare...when?...where?...how much?...and oh by the way, if you've not figured this out yet...I LOVE IT!  Yet, another challenge!  So I'll leave y'all with this Christmas ditty...Enjoy!  Kay says this is my girl...


I'm out...

Smitty

AA:  Brief warm up with rain Saturday...then the bottom drops out.  Merry Christmas my friend!  Enjoy those little ones; they grow way too quickly...and oh by the way, you're going down this weekend in fantasyland...I think???  Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment