Friday, January 5, 2018

Farm Show Thaw Followed By A Genuine January Thaw

Currently this evening I'm watching a variety of things, temperature of course being one of those.  I just happened to scope Mt Washington's obs and they were ugly...and that's being kind!  Likely worse by morning no doubt!
I've also been watching this "Bad moon on the rise" out my eastward facing window and that reminded me to inform my early risers to look SE predawn and potentially catch a glimpse of Mars-Jupiter in conjunction (side by side).  The moon will pay a celestial visit with those two next Wed-Thursday time frame...That is one thing nice about arctic air; usually cloud free!
As for the weather, after the deepest part of the cold early Sunday, temps have nowhere to go but UP!  The early am lows Sunday could be records if the winds subside...as per then NAM...(-10°F is not out of the question for KMDT if winds go calm at sunrise!)
The model is clearly detecting where there is and is no snow on the ground!  Interesting...  Anyway, here is the mid to late week Farm Show Thaw...so much for Farm Show nastiness!  Impressive anomalies for warmth...Farm Show Friday...

Those of you who are astute observers of the wx will note there lurks yet another arctic blast to the northwest...but rest assured for those of you who want mud, the genuine thaw of January is coming gangbusters...check it out for week 3...the American ensembles...
So there will be minimal bouts of winter upcoming the next week, slop early (low cold air is hard to displace quickly), then rain late week, but my message is simple...the January Thaw is looming!  Just like my song choice; I've listened to so many great tunes this evening.  But since we are in such mid-winter conditions, I'll leave y'all with this.  I hope you'll like...?  Enjoy the tune...and for those of you who want out of the bleak mid-winter, a 2 week respite is in store I do believe!  Enjoy it my Subaru compadre from Lanco...


So, with all of that said, enjoy your thaw, but first... enjoy your bitter cold week's end!

Smitty

AA:  The worst of winter is NOW in terms of cold.  A 2-3 week thaw is coming starting middle of farm show week.  Ironic...ehhh?  Thinking February has a couple of major snow events...different story for a different day!  We can peruse the lots in late January without special clothing!  Can we protest the PAT attempt?

No comments:

Post a Comment