Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tropics to Make Some News

It was excellent to see all of my colleagues today back in the saddle in the CDSD and with that, it got me to tickle these keys again as well.  This post will not be about the eclipse; it was awesome to be sure, but the fact that over the next 5-7 days, a couple of tropical systems are going to create real headaches for coastal Texas and coastal Florida and the coastal Carolinas.  Let me explain...and I will be brief.  Here are the projected rainfall totals across eastern Texas as modeled by the Euro...
And a close-up of those epic rainfall totals centered on Houston and Galveston Bay...
TS Harvey...which should ramp up into a Cat 1 or even Cat 2 storm by Saturday will pound those coastal TX communities for a good 2 days or so...well...maybe not so good!  As for the Florida situation, soon to be Irma will slowly ride north along the east coast of FL.  Here, the Euro keeps the heaviest rains over the Bahama mamas, but personally, I believe some very heavy rains will manifest themselves from Miami to the Space Coast...just sayin'...then the Carolina coasts must be made aware...
OK...enough to let y'all know that tropical troubles are a brewin'.  And in honor of Glen Campbell, who passed earlier this month, and since I mentioned this geographical location above, I'll leave y'all with this...Enjoy!  And enjoy this glorious end of summer, low dew point weather for our area!


Smitty

AA:  Just a post about some tropical systems that I'm not hearing too much about, but I believe we will after the weekend!  Good grass cutting weather the next entire week!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment