Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hot Memorial Day Weekend

This upcoming Memorial Day weekend will be HOT!  I just want to post a few graphics indicating this.  The first is the forcasted 850 mb temps for next Monday afternoon...downright hot at the surface if this verifies!
Now the surface map actually shows some form of convection developing (thunderstorms) for the 6 hour period ending Monday evening...and that is not out of the question.  However, I do believe that convection will be limited until the frontal system out to the west will advance eastward towards PA.
The 700 mb relative humidity is quite low and thus the air would need to really work at saturating the column for precip to occur without any decent forcing to lift the air.  The buoyant heated air will most certainly rise, but the moisture is not too deep!
And we are protected with the 500 mb high pressure system as seen below...so in my opinion, convection will be hard pressed to fire on Memorial Day.
According to the GFS, Monday will be the warmest day from normal...~15ºF+!  Toasty!
And the warmest 7 day period will end on Wednesday...so a cold front will be coming through to knock temps down back to normal and even ever so slightly below normal.....
So close, but yet so far....it would've been beautiful the other way! 
I Like Dreaming....some say this had to do with my purple shirt I sported today!  I like to think of it as just missing 2 sizable wagers on The Derby and The Preakness.  I'll get back in the saddle for The Belmont!  I'll spare you the Aerosmith version of Back in the Saddle.....
Enjoy your mid-week.....and go Rams Baseball.....

Smitty

AA:  Increasingly more summer-like as the weekend progresses!  Downright hot Sunday/Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment